Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Why is Christmas Starting Earlier and Earlier?



 
Retail has their hand in this to a certain degree. Doesn’t matter where I go, I am saturated with Christmas music and black Friday deals. Part of me wants to ignore it. It’s too early! But then there is a part of me that sees the good in this. Did I say good? Well, I’ve been thinking about this. 

There was a time that I would have dismissed the idea of Christmas coming to early. That the selfishness of retail has gone overboard. This remains true to some point. I do not think employees should have to work on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Our society should take a stand and say enough is enough. 

When I think of Christmas, I think of family and God. I think about people who need us to help them. I think about the joy it brings. Is this something we all desperately want to hold on to? Maybe we are not getting enough of this through the year. So, if it means Christmas comes earlier every year, maybe I’m on board with the idea. 

The peace we find in our hearts from Christmas is magical. Taking time to show others we care about them is a beautiful thing. Why not start this earlier and earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...