Thursday, March 12, 2020

GLASS WALLS


I envision myself in a race. I’m at the start line with my heels in the air ready to take off. The gun goes off. I run as fast as I can jumping over every hurtle in my way with such ease. The finish line is in my grasp and then I wake up from my dream of glory.

I find myself instead in a house of mirrors. Feeling as though the end is near but sorely realizing I’m turned around. Standing looking at myself as time has aged me. Feeling the fear to go fast—being slowed by my blocked reflection.

Over time I learn there’s only one way in and one way out. After days of searching I understand now that this is my maze that I’ve created. Only I know how to navigate these walls. These superficial walls that I’ve placed in front of me. One by one with a warrior spirit I take my wrecking ball and knock them down. With shattered glass behind me I find my path is much clearer. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...