Saturday, March 21, 2020

Don’t Put Common Sense in the Corner


 
We live in a self-indulgent society. Today I noticed a society that is reckless. The idea of giving up anything for a common goal is too much to ask.

I once thought I was invincible in my early twenties until I got into a bad car wreck with an eighteen-wheeler on the interstate. My car moving in slow motion in between the two tractor trucks in the rain thinking this can’t be it. I haven’t lived yet. My life changed from that moment. Some towards good things and some not so good. My definition of living was skewed at the time.

Instantly I was more selfish and unwilling to give up things that didn’t have me in the sentence. It worked for a short amount of time until I realized what I had done.

Right now, I think it would serve our Country well to be unselfish and think about others. Community is important but so is listening to the facts and using self-distancing. It may not be the norm right now but really what is? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...