Monday, December 23, 2019

Don’t Forget Who You Are and Where you Come From


Taking with me a past that has molded me into the person I am today. My past reminds me that as much as I try to do my best and be my best. I am not perfect. In fact, it reminds me that I not only have to remember the bad things in my past. But I have to learn from them and go on with strength that leads me to a place of peace. It gives me the empathy I need to connect with others. It gives me the allowance to forgive others and know they too are not perfect. 

I have become someone who is learning to accept my faltered interior and exterior. I am learning to move forward with humility. The more I allow myself to be the person I am. The more I feel free. I feel as though the weight of the world is no longer pushing down on my shoulders with its mercy. People were put into my life for a reason. It may not have been something I understood as a child. But as an adult I have come to understand they were there to guide me, love me, teach me and sometimes too let me down. It has given me the ammunition I need to become the person I am today. For this I forgive them. I also thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...