Sunday, October 11, 2020

Backwardsville

 

How did we get to a place that seems so topsy turvy?

 

A Place where people work hard for their money, only to give a lot of it away to people who don’t work at all.

 

Where the President of the United States leads people into unsafe haven and promotes going in public with a deadly virus. A place where mask have become a political symbol, instead of a symbol of purpose to only protect the ones we love.

 

We now live in a place where the word God is forbidden in schools, in sports, in our everyday life.

 

The American Flag that so many have died for is now not pledged to.

 

A place that lets insurance company’s dictate someone’s care instead of Doctors.

 

We live in a World where we believe the lies told on television because we are desperately holding on for faith in something, anything…

 

I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of my phone and TV telling me what I should do, think, be or buy. I’m ready to break out of this trance and be free to have my own thoughts and feelings.

 

I’m ready to listen to someone, or something that’s not looking to gain anything from me. Someone who has my best interest at heart. No political objective, no money needed. All I need is to trust in myself and believe my inner light and moral compass can be my guide. 

This isn’t about me. This isn’t about you. This is about us. When are we going to take a stand for the common good? When is enough going to be enough? 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...