Friday, June 19, 2020

Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way




My family and I have been in quarantine for over ninety days. I would be lying if I didn’t tell you it sounds like the Mad Hatter at a tea party around here. But as hard as it is, I’m holding true to my nature to follow my gut.

I’ve had a lot of time to think these days. One thing keeps popping into my head…don’t lose your will power to do big things, small things, all the things that make you tick. I’m trying to peel back the layers of self-doubt and push through the hard-muddy mold that encumbers me. It’s not easy.

“Nothing worth having comes easy,” said Theodore Roosevelt. These words hold such weight. Sometimes it’s hard to see the path when the obstacles look like explanation marks. The overgrown branches holding you back from going forward. But try as they might to keep you still—you persevere with all that you are. Why? Because that’s who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...