Tuesday, February 23, 2021

You Live and You Learn

 

Or do you? Why do we relive the same scenarios over and over? I have a theory.

 

For one, we are born into certain roles. Is this fair? No. Can I change it? Well, that’s an undetermined answer. What I do know is…If nothing changes and I continue on a path that makes me feel a certain way, then it’s up to me to walk a different way. May not be the right way…but if you’re going the wrong way to begin with…what do you have to lose?

 

Second, it’s my nature. I tend to live with the world on my shoulders. It’s heavy and always there. And though I’m strong…some days it is a weight that not even I can carry. But what do I do? If I collapse, so does the world that I’ve supported all these years.

 

So as history repeats itself, we have a choice each time to hold its familiar hand and say hi old friend its you again or we can walk away and make new friends. No matter what…it’s solely up to you. And it may be scary to choose a different way but if you stay…be prepared to stay lost. 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...