Friday, September 4, 2020

Expectations…What are they good for? Absolutely nothing!

 

“Expectation is the root of all heartache,” William Shakespeare

 

Is it possible to live without expectation? I don’t know. It would be nice to achieve a reprieve from worrying all the time about what the future holds. And keeping a score card is extremely exhausting and sets you up for disappointment every time.

 

The humble truth is—this world is unfair…let’s face it. But that doesn’t mean I have to internally suffer for it all the time. Instead I’d rather focus on what needs to be done and do it without expecting anything in return. I want to show up and be my best, just because that in itself makes me feel good.

 

So, slay those expectations and charge on with your mighty sword towards your destiny. Go out into this world and just be you and remember…expect nothing… 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...