Friday, February 21, 2020

I’m Free to be Me!


I think I had an idea of who I wanted to be when I grew up. The truth is I wanted to be so many things that picking one just seemed boring. Now that I’m older, (not saying how old) …I’ve been liberated to find that the same person I was as a child is still within. She dreams. She holds onto the idea that if she follows the equation—she will get the answer right.

Well, I have found that the more I hold onto something, the more I learn it’s out of my control. There is no perfect equation in life. There are too many variables that not even the smartest scientist can achieve. It’s unpredictable.

So, I’m letting go. That’s right. Letting go of the idea that I can control every outcome. And you know something…the more I let go…the better I feel. Because no matter how much this world likes to define us…we’re still the same person on the inside and no one can take that away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I wanted it to be a cardinal.     Ruby feathers that spread from one side of the country to the other.       When I looked int...